Legal issues that would be grounds for dismissal before first court date

Goodyear, AZ |

No.

so the prosecutor would be allowed to change words to best fit their needs ?

You should immediately consult a local AZ criminal attorney - many offer free initial consultations. They can review the facts of your case & written charges before you appear in court. Depending on the written accusation it may or may not be of importance since the prosecutor and the court can often amend and/or correct the complaint. I am a California attorney not licensed or familiar with AZ laws & procedures.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.

This question has been asked 3 times. The prosecution will be allowed to amend if the complaint is defective.

No. Typographical errors are not grounds for a dismissal. The problem can be fixed. This is not a legal issue.
Aaron M. Black
Criminal & DUI Defense Attorney
Martindale AV® Preeminent™ Lawyer
2012 & 2013 Southwest SuperLawyer Rising Star
AVVO 10/10 Superb Lawyer

Law Office of Aaron M. Black, PLLC
3219 East Camelback Road #573
Phoenix, AZ 85018
Office #: 480-729-1683
Email: aaron@aaronblacklaw.com
www.aaronblacklaw.com