Skip to main content

Legal Advice on what is the rule when it comes to charity's paying staff?

Glens Falls, NY |

I am trying to find out if i would have to pay taxes if I start a charity and keep some of the money to pay myself and staff.

+ Read More

Filed under: Business
Attorney answers 2


Absolutely! You also may disqualify the tax exempt status. You need a tax and nonprofit attorney right away.

I hope this helps!

Ron Cappuccio


Consult with a business lawyer, a not for profit lawyer, and a tax accountant before you do anything.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer