Skip to main content

Landlord tenant laws in WA, tenant's right to evict roommate

Seattle, WA |

What do i have to do to get him out of my house. I want him to go now but i know he has some rights. I think if im not wrong i have to tell him by the 9th or 10th ( 20 days notice)? is that right. And can he screw with me? i aleready have a new renter coming in on the 1st. Thannks/// ~ Blythe

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If a tenant is behind on rent, you typically serve him with a 3 day notice to pay or vacate. If he/she fails to vacate, you sue to evict. Unfortunately, it is not a simple process, and courts require that landlord's comply with the statute (RCW 59.18).

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer