Landlord making unexpected visits to property

Pittsburgh, PA |

My landlord had been showing up at our house lately without notice. He is responsible for lawncare, which is normally what happens. I also think he has been checking my mailbox. Is he supposed to give notice before these types of visits? I just feel like it's an invasion of privacy.

Should I set up surveillance on my mailbox? And call the police or???

Best Answer

If the LL takes care of the lawn, he needs no notice for that. He shuld give reasonable notice before interior visits. Your mailbox is off limits to him.

DISCLAIMER The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Responses are based solely on Pennsylvania law unless stated otherwise.
James S. Tupitza
212 West Gay Street
West Chester, PA 19380

Tell him you would like to know when he intends to cut the lawn. If possible, try to have it at a time you can be home. Otherwise, make arrangements to pick up the mail on those days or even have it held at the post office for a day.

Clifford L Tuttle, Jr
Attorney at Law
412-561-6303