Skip to main content

Landlord and mail

Jacksonville, FL |

After I got evicted I don't get my mail that were forwarded to the house that I was evicted from. I believe landlord keep my mail. Is this criminal violation? Does police handle this type of matter?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Before suspecting your landlord, I would first ask your former landlord if he or she has received any of your mail. If denied, then go to your local post office and explain what has happened. If the postal worker believes a crime may have been committed, the post office has their own postal police who can investigate the matter. If you did not give the post office a forwarding address when you moved out, its possible that your mail is simply being held or has been returned to the sender.

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. The information provided by this website is not intended, nor should it be construed, to be legal advice. Your use of this website, and/or the sending of information to the Fucillo Law Firm, P.L., does not establish an attorney/client relationship. Please do not send us any confidential or privileged information until such time that an actual attorney/client relationship is actually established.



"postal police"? How do I contact postal police?


If you had gone to your local post office and filled out a forwarding notice, you wouldn't have this problem. I suggest you do that now.


I agree with Mr. Fucillo. You need to contact your local Post Office to provide a forwarding address and see if they are holding your mail. It will only hold your mail for a limited amount of time. If they are not holding your mail and you believe your mail has been stolen, tell them you believe you are a victim of theft and they should connect you to the postal police.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer