Skip to main content

Labor is under audit(filed 6th year). H1-B expires in 4 months. 6 months shy of 365 days of completion since labor submission.

New York, NY |

What are my options?
Can i recapture time in my home country.
Can i change my lawyer now?

Is it easy to transfer from H1B to F1?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You can recapture time. You can change attorneys if you wish.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Yes you can.
Yes you can.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


You may and should recapture any time spent outside the US. If you have spent enough time outside the US, you may be eligible for a post-6th year extension of your H-1B .