Skip to main content

Labor Code 5800/ 30 days/

Los Angeles, CA |

If expired 30 days + 5 days of the post office and I have not received the payment. Attorney"s office say should to wait / Lawyer their interest already received/. What do I do.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


The answer is that you go to a judge and ask for penalty and interest on your late payment. The problem is that few judges are going to get excited about a payment that is only a few days late. That's probably why your lawyer is telling you to wait.


You should also verify the address that they sent it to, if you have possibly moved since your claim began. If your Attorney did not update the Official Address Record, your old roommate may have your check on the refrigerator.

We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY upon any legal advice.


Check with your attorney if your settlement papers have your current address. Also, checks are normally issued at the same time. Thus, my clients and I usually get our checks within a day or 2.


Wait the few days, have attorney call adjuster to verify check went out and verify your mailing address, . If not received in a reasonable additional waiting time you may be entitled to an award of penalties and interest.