Skip to main content

LA state criminal code, defense for statutory rape

New Orleans, LA |

I was friends w/ a group of people. One of them a female girl age 16. We were never anything more than friends, when she wanted to be more I told her no. Now she is lying to everyone saying that we were intimate. I'm 21 and and her aunt wants to press charges. What should I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You should hire a really good criminal lawyer as you are in deep you know what. Empty the savings accounts and the IRAs to hire someone really good.


First, do not talk about this case to anyone -especially the police or an investgator - without a lawyer. This is a serious matter and you should have professional represenation right away.


Get to a criminal defense lawyer ASAP.
You have the right to remain silent. Exercise that right.
Good Luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer