Skip to main content

L2 - started LLC,how to change the status?

Buffalo Grove, IL |

I am an L2 visa holder with EAD. I am planning to start an LLC with my partner who is a US citizen. In future how do i change my status from L2 to other visa to obtain permanent status? Is that possible?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Whether you can change your status depends on your background, responsibilities at the company, and amount the invested.

San Francisco Immigration Attorney for removal defense, all work visas and avenues to permanent residence, investors, and naturalization. Call 415.834.0600 for free phone consultation - mention Avvo! 235 Montgomery Street, Suite 728, San Francisco, CA 94104 /


Very complicated question. You need to see an attorney about this to plan everything properly.


As my esteemed colleagues have pointed out, it is possible but the assistance of an immigration attorney is almost certainly required. You should secure legal representation sooner, rather than later,

Disclaimer Information on this site is provided by Brian Scott Wayson as general information, not legal advice, and use of this information does not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you have questions about your specific situation, please call an attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer