1. yes if petitioned for, meet L1A eligibility requirements and the employer's petition is approved.
2. You cannot file for L1A Only your employer can.
3. No, you do not need to go to india. Your employer may seek change of status here in the USA. if approved, you will be able to enjoy two more years in L1A status.
4. The process is that you employer needs to file for you.
5. For more important points you would need to spend couple of dollars and seek a private consultation with a competent immigration attorney. There are many points about in L1A which would be in your best interest to know about.
NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: email@example.com; Phone: (866) 456-8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.
A. If all the requirements are met and you are petition for it, then yes.
B. Change of status can be done in the US.
C. Your employer needs to file the petition.
D. Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.
J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.
Based on the dates you have given, you must be very careful with this filing. In the best case scenario you should receive approval of the L-1A petition prior to the final six months of your L-1B status and the request for an extension as an L-1A should only be filed after you have been in a managerial role for as least 6 months. If you do not clearly meet the time requirements additional arguments may be required for your petition to be approved. Your employer should seek further guidance before attempting this filing.