Skip to main content

L1B to H1B Transfer with I-94

Bloomington, IL |

Hi, Currently i'm working on L1B and my visa has expired and presently i'm staying with my I-94 validity. Is that possible for me to apply H1B with my I-94 validity ? Pls suggest. Thanks!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If you are qualified for H-1B status, you can submit an application for a change of status on April 1st.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You can change your status effective October 1, 2013 without leaving the US if you current I-94 is valid until then and you have a qualifying job offer. The petition can be filed as of April 1, 2013.


I agree with my colleague

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104