Skip to main content

L1b query

Westborough, MA |

I got my L1B visa approved on May 2010-June 2013.I travellled to US from july-2010 to March 2011.I went back to India on March 2011.I came back again on August 2012.I got I-94 til 2015 August.My questions are:
1.Is my clock reset to 5 years as I stayed in India for 1 year from 2011-2012?
2.Can I apply EAD for my wife when I am in I-94 extension?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

1. yes

2. your wife can apply

This is not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been formed, now or in the future. This is just a casual opinion expressed about a hypothetical situation.


Your five years started again since you were outside the US for one year. You wife can apply for an EAD.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


1. Only if you file a new petition.
2. Yes. She will only get it when your extension is granted.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.