Q1 I have L1 individual visa stamped on my passport since 2 months. But due to critical project requirement , I am asked to change my project while my employer is still the same. Also, the skill set required in my new project is similar to what was earlier. So, just wanted to know if I need to go for any amendment?
Q2 Also What is the process of L1B Individual petetion ammendment?
Q3 What is the high level timeline on how much time does it normally takes for approval of amended L1?
If there is a material change to your L-1 employment circumstances then an amendment is warranted. You should have the company attorneys review the project details and determine if an amendment is warranted.
To file an amendment you simply have the attorney prepare the I-129 and detail the reasons for the amendment and file with USCIS. If you are in the U.S., you will obtain a new I-94 upon approval.
Under normal processing the amendment will be adjudicated in about 90-120 days.
Please consult Counsel directly on the details as this is not a "do it yourself" type of case.
1. Depends on the changes. You need to discuss this with your company's immigration attorney.
2. File an new I-129
3. Estimated processing times for I-129s are as posted on the USCIS website.
J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.
1. any material change requires an amended petition, however your employers attorney must make the determination, that is not something you should do
2. file a new I-129, but again that is not something you should do, it must be done by the petitioner
3. 90-120 days regular processing, but premium processing can be requested
Answers given on this site are general advice only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship.
Years licensed, work experience, educationLegal community recognition
Peer endorsements, associations, awardsLegal thought leadership
Publications, speaking engagementsDiscipline