Skip to main content

L1B Blanket Visa Extension Minimum duration of previous stay

Warwick, RI |

I have a L1B-Blanket Visa with (Visa and I94) validity till 15-Oct-2011.I initially got the L1B Visa on 15th Oct 2008 which was given for 3 years (till 15-Oct-2011).My Company has applied for my L1B-Blanket extension 20 days back.After getting Visa on 15-Oct-2008,I didnt travel to US for more than a year.After that I travelled to the US for just 1 month.Then for the next 1 year I didn't travel to the US.After that I got an onsite project for just 3 months.Once it is completed,I went back to my country and then again travelled back to US on first week of April and from then on I am staying in the US for a long term onsite project.I have been with this same client for more than 5 years. Is there a minimum stay criteria for applying for a L1B Visa extension?Minimum 1 year i shld hv been here?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Your question is unclear. One can have an L-1B for a maximum of five years. One can get an additional five years after being outside the US for one year.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You need to contact an experienced immigration attorney who can examine the facts of your case including (the time frames associated with your L1B visa) and provide you with a legal opinion. If you are on a L-1B visa, your company normally would have retained an immigration attorney to complete the forms. That could possibly be a way to have your questions addressed.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer