Skip to main content

L1A Extension

Lyndhurst, NJ |

L1A was issued in Nov 2009 and expired in 2012 .Since I had the I94 given until March 2015 ,extension was not filed. I need to travel back for 2-3 weeks. What are my options? 1) Get the expired visa extended 2) Get a new petition and go for stamping at US consulate 3) Any other

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Either option 1 or 2 but regardless you will have to go to the US consulate to get a visa stamped in your passport before reentering.


Option 1 would be the most straightforward.


To enter the US, you must have a valid visa stamp. To extend a visa stamp, there must be a valid underlying petition.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


Where are you traveling back to? If you are traveling back from Canada or Mexico and have been gone for less than 30 days then you can rely on automatic visa revalidation. Otherwise you will need to apply for extension or apply for tourist visa.

MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email:; Phone: (210) 821-4500; Fax: 210-821-4500; 1802 NE Loop 410, Ste 104, San Antonio, Tx 78217. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter. Furthermore, the content of this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. I apologize in advance for any spelling or typographical errors. MEDINA LAW GROUP PC.