L1 to H1 application - What will be the effective date?

Elk Grove Village, IL |

Hi, My prospective employer has filed an application for my change of status from L1 B to H1.The status is in "Initial Review". If USCIS approves and changes my status as late as 30-Sep-2013, will I have time to give notice period and quit my current employer or should I start to work for my prospective employer immediately from 1-Oct-2013? Based on your reply, I may plan to ask my prospective employer to discuss with his attorney for premium processing. Please help.

Best Answer

You can work immediately upon October 1st. Your best otpion would be to ask your prospective employer's immigration attorney to file for "premium processing" so that timing will work out better for you. Good luck!

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

I have acted upon your advise. My prospective employer has filed for "premium processing" Thank you very much for your advise.

Gunda Johanna Brost

Gunda Johanna Brost

My pleasure

If approved, will be effective as of October 1. You could start a few days later if you wish. Best to elevate to premium under the circumstances.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Oct 1

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630

October 1 but type flies.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.