Skip to main content

L1 L2 Extension and H1B Processing impact if we travel outside US

Dallas, TX |

I am in US on L2 visa with EAD. My L2 visa is expiring on April 10 2014, My Spouse's employer have filed for L1 visa and L2 Visa extension on 13th March 2014. For L1 extension Case status has changed to RFE on 28th March 2014.
My Employer is applying for H1B visa for me on 1st April 2014 with Premium Processing. Assuming that H1 B is picked in lottery.
Question 1: How much time we get to respond to RFE for L1/L2.
Question 2: If we get a rejection on L1 L2 VIsa extension, and then we had to leave US before H1 B petition has a decision on it, how will it impact H1 processing. Is it required to stay back in US until we have a decision on H1.
Question 3: How soon can we expect a decision on H1B Visa on premium processing.

Appreciate any help on above questions..

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to take it to the attorneys working respectively for the H1B employer and the husband's employer. They are paid to deal with it. We are not. If you need second opinion, please hire an independent immigration attorney and pay for the consultation, because this is precisely what you are seeking. Under no pretense can your question qualify as a request for general information to which provision this forum is dedicated.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.


A4. You appear to be concerned about your lawful stay in the United States and wish to remain in the country legally. If that is in fact correct, delegate any of your issues to the counsel of record, as legally appropriate in this situation.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professionally competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide a competent professional opinion, however, the law and its applications change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and opinions expressed are general in nature, and may not apply to specific, factual or legal circumstances related to one's present legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in that State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive comprehensive legal assistance before making an educated decision about your particular legal issue. Respectfully, Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko, Chicago, Illinois



No I don't wish to stay back in US when I don't have a legal status. My only concern is if I need to travel out of US then will it have any impact on my H1 B processing,

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko


Ask your counsel.