Skip to main content

L1-B visa extension from USA

Louisville, KY |

I am on L1B visa which is expiring in another month. I have I-94 for next 3 years . My husband have dependant L2 on my L1 -B . He was also here and going back to India . He needs to come back after 2 months . Since his L2 is also expiring in another month , so filing my L1-B extension from USA can help in any way? If my extension is approved , how he can go for his extension from India . I have no immediate plan to travel back.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You say have a I-94 that is valid for the next three years, so what are you extending?


You are confused and need to talk to you employer's attorney. They would be the best place to direct your questions. You I-94 is the one that requires an extension when expires and before 5 years limit is reached. Since your is good for the "next 3 years" no extension is in the picture. I if you need to travel all you need to do is have your visa stamped again. Apply the same logic to your spouses situation and you will figure out the answer, I am sure.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.



Thanks for your answer Sir . So can my husband get his visa stamped again from India on basis on my L-1B I-94? I have expired visa but valid I-94 .


No extension is necessary. If your husband lacks a L-1B visa, he will need to apply for one in India.

Please click the link below for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.