Skip to main content

L/I claim getting bills from hospital that L/I did not pay.Now has gone to collection.

Stevenson, WA |

Injured my shoulder at work.Had MRI done Dr.said it would be ok.Kept having issues with it and finally was sent to a specialist.This DR. seen right away there was a problem where I was struck on shoulder.It has been just over a yr now since this all started.Now I am getting bills L/I did not pay and now getting calls from collection agencies.This was mis-diagnosied from the start.And I have been in constant pain for over a yr now.Any advice would be great.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2

Best Answer

If this was a work related injury you need to IMMEDIATELY consult with a workers compensation attorney. These bills should have been covered by your employer's worker compensenation insurance. To preserve your rights you should also send a letter of dispute to the collections agencies until your attorney has a chance to address them. I would refrain from admitting anything until you have consulted your attorney. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


Don't fool around with this issue and your claim. Contact a Worker's Compensation attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer