Skip to main content

L-1 new office: how to get office space if not already in the US

Dallas, TX |

Do Americans have some kind of saying that talks about chickens and eggs, and about which one came before the other? If that is right, then maybe that saying applies to my question about L-1 for a new office.

From what I have read, there is a special L-1 for someone to come to the US to open a new office. But I also read that one of the requirements for getting L-1 approved is to show that we already have enough office space. But if we haven't yet come to the US, because we don't have L-1, how are we supposed to be able to get the office space? Am I missing something? Must we use some other visa first, THEN apply for L-1?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You may be able to use a B visa to search for a place. Or, you can hire an areal estate agent here to find one for you. I know a good agent in Dallas if you are looking

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at


I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


I agree with my colleagues