Ky statue of limitations on 4th & 14th amendment??

Louisville, KY |

What is the statue of limitations on filing a lawsuit on amendments 4 and amendment 14 in the Commonwealth of Kentucky?

Civil rights cases usually have about a year, but you don't even say whom the defendant might be or what the case involves.

See a lawyer.

No state appt attorney to defend my brother in a case "Due process"

Oops....sorry, meant he is innocent but no P. D. Was given to him....he lost 1 child but the rest was returned!

Defendant would be The state & Worker!

Statute of limitations issues tend to be complicated, often too complicated for a forum like this. Generally speaking, your state's personal injury statute of limitations will govern a claim for personal injury. I'm not licensed to practice in Kentucky, but I believe the statute of limitations for personal injury claims there is one year from the date of accrual (in your case, probably from the date of the injury). If your claim is for something else, you'll need to provide more specific information in your post. I hope this helps. Take care.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

Depending on the specific and whether federal or state lawsuit, the statute of limitations is generally one year from the injury/tort. Time is not your friend. Contact an attorney ASAP to go over the documents and the facts.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

My brother had his 2 kids taken away. SW gave him the oldest back after fighting for years. But kept the baby cause the foster parents wanted to adopt & did. They took his parental rights away & a month later was adopted. He had no Court Appointed Attorney to help him. Now he is devastated and living in agony due to he loves, wants & misses his baby. I read some cases similar and filed lawsuits & won. Read that limitations was 15 years!

Frank Mascagni III

Frank Mascagni III

There are different state statues of limitations depending on the claim. There are also different federal statutes of limitations if a claim is made in federal court. You need competent legal advice ASAP.

I left a message at your office.