Skip to main content

Knee Surgery (ACL) with Skin Burn

Fairfax, VA |

I had an ACL surgery two months ago, my knee looks great with some minor scars. But the surgeon somehow burned my skin during the surgery at my lower leg. When asked the surgeon he could not give any explanation. I'm seeing a plastic surgeon now that is treating the burn. After four weeks of treating the burn the plastic surgen decided to do a skin graft on my leg. The burn is now healing fine but the scar on the donor site and the recipient site are not what i expected they look really visiable. The burn is approx. 6"X 1" in size, i alreadly spent closely to $2,000 on medical fees and medications. The surgeon that performed the surgery on my knee has not offered to help with these expenses. Is there anything legally that i can do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You can consult with a local medical malpractice attorney or you may be able to bring a small claims action to recover your medical bills.


Try the FIND A LAWYER tab on this website for local personal injury or medical malpractice attorney.. They will be able to better help you after a review of all your specific facts. Many will speak to you initially for free. Good Luck!

BEST ANSWER I got.... and I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL!! Steve Hamer answers questions on Avvo for general information and not as legal advice. Those answers do not establish an attorney/client relationship. If you would like my help, contact Mr. Hamer at (214) 843-1529 for a FREE CONSULTATION.


Your injury may not be larger enough to interest most malpractice attorneys in your area. It is because of the large amount of expenses and costs in these cases that make it cost prohibitive unless there is a severe and permanent injury. Mr Schoen suggested small claims court which is an option. Good luck.


The instrument was not grounded properly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer