Skip to main content

Klonopin 10 years of use ruined my life and my marriage. I became a zombie and didn't know it. I didnt know it was for short use

Medford, OR |

About 12 years ago I though I was having a heart attack. I went a saw a MD and he said it was a panic attack. They put me on klonopin I took it and then stopped. Got married had a child. Then I had a panic attack again and then doctor put me on Klonopin again this time I was on it for 10 years. My life went to hell. I became a zombie and didnt know it. My wife put up with this for 9 years until she left me because of me not be there. I went to rehab and found out how horrible this drug is. They told me I was a walking emotionless zombie and it also affected my job and friendship. I had know idea until I got off of it how bad I was. The last 10 years is a blur for me lost time. I lost the most important person of my life. Because klonipin made nothing important. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME ANYTHING

Is there a class action lawsuit? I got a print out from the pharmacy. They didnt have any of these side affects. Its so misleading.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You should consult with a local medical malpractice/products liability attorney since your situation may require either or both. If there is a class action and your attorney recommends that for you on the products liability end, you can proceed in that direction. Alternatively, he could combine both actions for you if they end up being viable.


You should need to limit your search for representation to local law firms for the drug litigation that your potential case appears to involve. I am not aware of a pending class action involving Klonopin (clonazepam), but I would suggest contacting law firms that you may find through an Internet search even if they are located outside Oregon. They still may be able to evaluate your claims and potentially assist you.

This answer is made available by an attorney licensed to practice in the state of Oregon. The communication is intended for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. Actual legal advice can only be provided by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, with experience in the area of law in which your concern lies. By using or participating in this site, you understand that there is no attorney/client relationship or privilege between you and the attorney responding.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer