Skip to main content

King County(Wash.)Superior Court judicial ethics problem.

Seattle, WA |

I was WRONGLY convicted in 2007 in this court for a felony theft that police STAGED.Judge in case said even though I have a SIGNED statement from the PURPORTED victim of that theft STATING BOTH that I NEVER stole ANYTHING from him AND that police WRONGLY forced him to incriminate me in a statement that was used in court,along with PERJURED police testimony that they WITNESSED this theft, the judge REFUSED to allow me a hearing to show this IRREFUTABLE evidence of a wrongful conviction in that STAGED (by the POLICE!)crime from HIS court.The "Commission on Judicial Misconduct" also refuses me help.I am poor and NO attorney will assist against me in pursuing this matter for that reason.Any advice on who else I can go to for help!Even the PURPORTED victim is saying I am innocent! Any advice?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Couple thoughts:

Victims statement is not proof of anything--its MAY be evidence--it MAY NOT be.

There is no such thing as IRREFUTABLE evidence as a practical matter.

I do not mean to imply that you were not the victim of a staged scene, however your narrative includes almost none of the information an attorney would need to advise you--the court record, review of the evidence, discussions with witnesses, investigating officers etc. That requires a huge investment of time from a skilled professional (or a determined investigator).

FWIW, There is nothing in your post that indicates any ethics issues, judicial misconduct, miscarriage of justice that would compel an attorney to donate the tens of thousands of dollars your case would require.

You might try contacting a local law school and see if they have a law clinic that might agree to review your documents--but on the facts you posted, I'm not sure you have enough even to interest a law school clinic--worth a call though.

Best of luck to you.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.


I have to agree with my colleague. Though it makes sense to think a statement from the alleged victim would be enough, victims do sometimes recant when they really were harmed, for all sorts of reasons. As a result, the court only sees such a thing as evidence, especially after someone has already been convicted. I also agree, the best bet would be to try a local law school and see if one of the clinics would be willing to help you.

For a free consultation related to medical malpractice, personal injury, workers' compensation, social security disability or nursing home abuse, please contact Lowenthal & Abrams, PC at 1-800-876-5299. I am licensed in Pennsylvania, but members of my firm are licensed in Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York. This post is not legal advice, but instead contains general educational information. Please do not act or refrain from acting based upon what you read in this post. Also please remember that this post does not form an attorney/client relationship between you and me. If you have specific legal questions, you should contact an attorney in your state for assistance. I am licensed to practice law in the state of Pennsylvania.