Skip to main content

Just yesterday I fell at the locker room of a huge spa in the Dallas area I am in some pain, but filed an accident report

Carrollton, TX |

They gave me excuses to not provide me with a copy of it yesterday, and today they refused to give me a copy of it. I do not believe I had serious injury (did not go to the ER), but also know some injuries take some time to develop, and was looking to have some written proof of what happened (slipping on water in the locker room, that was not mopped). I had a really good fall on my back. Need help! Any suggestions?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Get the medical care that you need and consult with a personal injury attorney to assist you with your claim. Best of luck.

I am licensed in California, therefore, my answers are based on general prinicpals of law or California law, which may not be applicable in your jurisdiction. Answers posted to Avvo are for general information only. Do not conclusively rely on any information posted online when deciding what to do about your case. Every case depends is fact dependent, and responses are limited to and is based on the information you posted. No attorney-client relationship shall be created through the use reading of this response on Avvo. You should never delay seeking legal advice, disregard legal advice, or commence or discontinue any legal action because of information in this response.


If there were any witnesses obtain their identification; also obtain the name of the spa employee who took the report. Immediately contact a local TX personal injury attorney so they will have an opportunity to investigate this incident. Of course, obtain any necessary medical care. Personal injury attorney will normally accept these cases on a contingency basis (no recovery, no fee). Good luck

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.


Get checked out, and if injured, retain a local personal injury lawyer who can investigate.


A private club does not have to give you a copy of their own accident report unless and until you file a lawsuit against them and send them written requests (in the form of requests for production) to turn it over. If you are injured, seek medical help, then seek legal advice from a local lawyer.

Be aware, in order to hold them responsible, you would have to prove that they had knowledge of the wet floor in that specific spot prior to your fall and that they did not take reasonable action to clean it up and/or protect patrons. This can be a tough burden and it only gets tougher over time. If you know of anyone who can tell yu how long the spill was there, make sure you get their contact information and dont lose it.

All information provided here is for educational use only and does not constitute legal advice nor establish any attorney-client relationship. Paul H. Cannon is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Laws vary from State-to-State. For legal advice and opinions, please retain the services of a lawyer licensed to practice in the appropriate state or jurisdiction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer