Skip to main content

Just wondering if I can pursue a malpractice case against a PhD who prescribes vitamins and treatment options:

Fayetteville, NC |

My 84 year old mother chose not to undergo chemotherapy for a 2cm breast tumor. I urged her to at least have the surgery but she was told by the PhD that the blood work lab tests she ordered showed her cancer was going away. The Phd prescribes vitamins and said they were curing her cancer. I did research and found that the AMA only approves CA tests (Cancer antigen) tests to be helpful in detecting a recurrence of cancer but has no validity in diagnosing or monitoring cancer due to the high level of false positive staining - 30%. Because of this PhD, my mother would not have the surgery as she believed the cancer to be gone as she was told. Needless to say she died a painful death by the spread of the cancer - that the tests said were not there. I would just like this woman to stop.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Sounds like a quack. I’m sorry to hear about this. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755


Sorry to hear about your mother’s passing. To find out the proper action to take against this quack, you should contact a local personal injury attorney for a free consultation.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.


The only way to determine whether or not you have a claim is to consult with a local medical malpractice attorney. I too am sorry for you loss.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer