Skip to main content

Just went over patients rights on FDOH website, if rights are violated, what happens, does anyone care?

Miami, FL |

According to the patient's rights, my health care received over the past year and a half has violated my rights multiple times for multiple rights. As a result of repeated misdiagnosis that I believe ignoring my questions, ignoring me contributed to, I am worse than ever but not cringe worthy enough for a jury for medical malpractice. What is the good of filing a complaint? doctor's violate patient's rights all the time, it doesn't seem liike they are ever reprimanded for this. And it only seems like Dr's lose their license over sxual misconduct or prescription problems

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


File a grievance with the Florida Department of Health. Since you have limited damages, that is your only practical recourse.

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed.


There are emerging theories for civil damages, depending upon the rights violated.
One theory is the tort of outrage, where you must demonstrate emotional distress as the result of the outrageous behavior of your doctor. These types of cases are usually unattractive to lawyers unless you can show objective psychic injury as the result of the bad conduct.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer