Skip to main content

Just denied drug court after a year. if go to inpatient treatment and show serious chance of still getting in

Burlington, WA |

felony chgs res burglary, trafficking. pawn records. pub def year and nothing happen, cont for 8 months and write letters to drug court to pay high restitution and help paying. now say no due to crime . kitchen mgr 6 yrs retirement home stole jewelry and pawned. also pawned jewelry own and deceased grandmother. accuse me of all and still waiting since nov 2013 for items to be picked up from police. heroine addict and prior felony selling meth. never been to treatment and counseling to get off it. did not get job or go to treatment this last year as thot going to prison and any month. now take it to trial? go treatment and get clean and maybe they will let me get into drug court. help. thank you. slm

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Getting into treatment and taking that treatment very seriously and maintaining sobriety would be a great place to start. Speak with your attorney.

Experienced Criminal Defense Attorney--San Diego County--Free Consultations.


If I read your question right you are asking if beginning treatment will help you in getting a better resolution to your case. The short answer is perhaps if you get in and demonstrate that you are trying to sincerely turn things around. It all depends on the prosecutor and if you have any time left to actually create a record of accomplishment. I can't comment on whether you should take the case to trial without knowing the whole record. You may examine DOSA (Drug Offender Sentencing Alternative that would reduce your prison time and get you treatment. Ask your attorney about that. Good Luck.


If you need treatment, you should go and it will probably help. Most drug courts have limitations and restrict participation to people only charged with using type crimes.