Skip to main content


Fort Worth, TX |

I received a judgment form Michael J Scott I believe was back in 2005. I have never paid anything on this. Now I received another one this past Saturday trying to renew my judgment. What can I do?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


the Judgment Can Be Renewed. You Should Pay On It.

Disclaimer: The foregoing answer does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Cannella or her firm. This answer does not constitute legal advice, is provided for informational and educational purposes only for persons interested in the subject matter, is not legal opinion, nor confidential in nature. Each situation is fact specific and may be subject to state specific laws. Without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem fully.


Under Texas law a judgment is good for ten years. It can be renewed for another ten year period. Depending on the amount of the judgment, your other debts, and what kind of assets you have, it may be worth your time to consult with a bankruptcy attorney. Most offices, including mine, offer free initial consultations. Hope this helps and best of luck!

The information provided in this post is not "legal advice." Rather it is general information on common legal issues. If you have questions concerning your specific situation, it is always best to consult an attorney in your area.


Pay the judgment or file bankruptcy