Skip to main content

Jeep Grand Cherokee Recall: No Parts for repair. What to do?

Lake Forest, IL |

I am an owner of a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee, which was recently recalled by the manufacturer due to a manufacture (brake) problem. I have been in touch with the dealership as the recall notice instructed, but they say that Jeep has not sent them the parts needed for the repair. There have been reports of accidents resulting from this brake problem and I feel unsafe driving my car until the problem is fixed. Yet, I need my vehicle to work. Reports from other owners suggest that this might take a very long time before it is addressed. What could/should I do? Is there any legal recourse that can get Jeep to either expedite the repair process or provide other (rental?) options until the vehicle is fixed? Thank you.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Talk to upper management of Jeep. That may help.

This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.


If there is another Jeep dealership in the general area, you can contact them as well. It may be that the one you are dealing with to date is encountering an internal problem getting the part(s). If that does not solve the problem, I agree that you should contact Jeep directly to find out what the hold-up is.

Please remember, however, that specific questions entail specific facts as to which an experienced lawyer can give you reliable advice. Both my and other lawyers' answers to questions on Avvo are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship; nor should they be considered legal advice. They also are simply responses to the questions that are posed, and do not necessarily address every circumstance in your particular situation. Your best approach may be to contact a lawyer directly through Avvo, and have a consultation at which time you can provide complete details.


Talk to a consumer attorney and consider filing a lawsuit for the time you need to rent a car. Warn GM and then take the appropriate action,

My offices does represent people from Avvo if they contact me but only in the Los Angeles, Orange, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside County in Southern California. The answers I give here are not meant to create an attorney client relationship. When accepting clients I conduct interviews face to face and they often take 30 minutes or more. I approach trials and issues from a legal and common sense approach, This is how the majority of judges I have appeared before in 40 years also make decisions. I do not intend by my advice to enter an attorney client relationship and in most cases advise to obtain legal representation. Sometimes if you can not afford it a consultation or limited scope representation is available. As an experienced attorney I can tell you, judges can be impatient, hate emotional arguments and over exagerations or lies. A brief outline of the problems and desired solutions is often best and I d0 limited scope representations advise clients on how to proceed at time of hearing or trial and my fees are considerably less when I do not appear in court as it takes much less of my time.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer