Skip to main content

Jail time for misdemeanor child endangerment?

Hawthorne, CA |

I will be arraigned tomorrow for a misdemeanor child endangerment charge and am wondering is it highly possible I will be detained and sent to jail at my arraignment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You do not include the facts necessary to answer this question, i.e., what were the circumstances that caused you to charged?

This post and any other internet postings are for informational purposes only. Internet postings are not legal advice. No comments, answers, or other postings should be taken as legal advice. Internet postings do not create an attorney-client relationship. Receipt or viewing of content of an internet posting does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. There is no representation, warranty or guarantee that postings or comments are accurate. Please feel free to give us a call at the office if you would like a formal case evaluation. Best of luck with your case. Talitha.



Thank you very much for your response. I've had custody of my 2 sons, ages 16 and 12 since they've been infant/toddlers. The mother had me arrested for inappopiate discipline. I used a belt(which I regret now that my sons have been taken from me). I now have a case with childrens court and originally the child endangerment charge was dropped but recently picked back up. I have not been able to find an attorney I can afford. I have family willing to help with the expenses for an attorney, but the prices I've heard have been too much.


I would say it is highly unlikely that you will be taken into custody as this is a first offense, but as the prior attorney stated, it does depend on the facts of the case. Please retain an attorney to help you with your case in order to ensure that you handle it properly, especially given that there are dependency proceedings pending.

I can be reached at 714-442-1522 if you have further questions. Before accepting any answer as a final answer, you should have your case reviewed by an attorney. No attorney on Avvo has read your paperwork and therefore cannot give a completely valid answer suited to your case.



Thank you for the response. I comment under the first attorney's response with more detail of my case.


Yes it is possible, but due to it being a misdemeanor it probably will not happen and your chances greatly increase to it not happening if you use an attorney. I assume you will be either in the Inglewood or Torrance court and I regularly appear in both courts on Family Law and Criminal Law matters.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer