Iwas diagnose with left vocal paralysis 4 months after a thyroid surgery, I need to find a lawyer in southern california .

You need a medical malpractice attorney who represents claimants. Good luck.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You can use the Find a Lawyer function at the bottom of this page and enter plaintiff's medical malpractice attorney.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also avvo.com terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

Malpractice lawyer.

Get me your medical records and I'll evaluate your case.

Vocal cord paralysis is a known risk of thyroid surgery. It may be difficult to find an expert. If you wish to pursue a lawsuit you need to consult and retain a medical malpractice attorney and file suit on your claim within the appropriate statute of limitations period. To be on the safe side, you should do that with one year of the procedure. If that time has passed, you definitely need to do it within one year of diagnosis.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

You should consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. It is best to collect your medical records and provide them to the attorney for his review and perhaps the review of an expert. Good luck

A successful medical malpractice suit requites a doctor to act in a way below the standard of care and damages to result. Surgeries have known risk factors and while the person who experiences likely will not be comforted by knowing he or she suffered a complication that is statistically within the acceptable range for standard of care, such s standard protects doctors from being sued for being anything less than perfect. Damaging a vocal cord during throat surgery could be considered a known and acceptable risk factor.

Ignoring all of my above post (as it's just my general opinion), anyone who even thinks he or she has a medical malpractice case should immediately consult with an experienced medical malpractice attorney. Most of us offer free consultations, so there is nothing to fear in calling us.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
Corona, CA 92879
(951)520-9684
www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D. ... Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker... Fransen & Molinaro, LLP... 980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206... Corona, CA 92879... (951)520-9684... www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com... "When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW." ... * This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy... ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law.

Have you questioned your doctor on whether there was an injury to your left recurrent laryngeal nerve? Have you read the operative report? Retain an attorney now. This is a risk of the procedure; however, that doesn't mean the surgeon gets a free pass on identifying and protecting the nerve while dissecting away tissue to remove a part or all of the thyroid.

Avvo personal injury email series

Sign up to receive a 3-part series of useful information and advice about personal injury law.