Skip to main content

Iwas a passanger in a hit from beind on 6/16/03at e:00 doing an accident clean up officers were all teady on sit directing traff

Dallas, TX |

To merge to the left we were procedding forward when out of no were a truck slama us hard,totaling my friends tahoe,and totaling his car as well

+ Read More

Attorney answers 8


If you suffered any injuries you need to speak with a persona injury lawyer. Also do not delay on seeking medical treatment. Any questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Know YOUR Rights. Take Action Now. CALL 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.


Were you injured? If so, seek counsel from a personal injury attorney right away.

Good luck!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.


The few facts you provided present a lot of legal issues to consider, like does the construction company have any responsibility, was the other driver solely liable, was the other driver working at the time, etc. these issues raise questions as to the amount of available insurance and sharing of fault. You really do need to get a consultation from a good accident lawyer.


If injured, retain a local personal injury lawyer


If injured, you are in the best position you could be as a negligence free passenger. You have the options if making claims against the other driver, your drivers insurance for pip and possibly liability and/ or uninsured/under insured motorist. You can also claim against your own pip and um/uim. You should discuss all options with an attorney if you are hurt.

All information provided here is for educational use only and does not constitute legal advice nor establish any attorney-client relationship. Paul H. Cannon is licensed to practice law in the State of Texas. Laws vary from State-to-State. For legal advice and opinions, please retain the services of a lawyer licensed to practice in the appropriate state or jurisdiction.


If you sustained any injury, talk to a reputable injury lawyer right away. Most law firms handling personal injury cases offer free consultations for injury victims. Talk to the best accident lawyer you can find in your area and follow the advise of your doctors.
Greg Baumgartner
Baumgartner Law Firm
6711 Cypress Creek Parkway
Houston, TX 77069

This answer is intended to be general in nature and not specific as to any person or fact situation. No attorney-client relationship exists for those reading this answer and readers should contact an attorney of their choosing for legal advice on their specific situation.


If you have been injured you need to speak to a local personal injury lawyer. Same goes for your friend.

I don't want to just repeat what the other attorneys have said but it is the correct advice. If you have injuries as a passenger you may need to try to collect against both the other driver's insurance company and your friend's insurance company. They will point the finger at each other and refuse to cover your injuries. In cases like these it is nearly impossible for you to get a fair settlement from the responsible party's insurance without the help of legal counsel.


If you were injured in this accident, you should immediately contact a personal injury lawyer to guide you in the right direction.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer