Skip to main content

Ive been waiting since 2001 for my residence and im on H-1b since then ive gotten nothing back what should I do?

Woodland, WA |
Attorney answers 3


Continue maintaining valid non-immigrant status with your H-1B visa until your priority date, as published in DOS monthly Visa Bulletin becomes 'current".

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague. Keep your visa valid and talk to the company's immigration lawyer.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.


hire an immigration attorney for a long and detailed consultation and analysis of the situation.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.