Skip to main content

Ive been served a temporary protection order and the statement that was on it is all made up. will judge still grant protection?

Puyallup, WA |
Attorney answers 5


Get an attorney and read the statement very carefully and start trying to blow holes in it so that it will all fall apart in the end if possible. You blow holes in it by getting statement/testimony from others if possible that contradict the things that she is claiming.


Especially in Pierce County, the court is highly likely to enter a DVPO because of the past history here when DVPO's are not entered (and sometimes even when they are). This DVPO will make it tougher for you to get on a plane, and will if entered flatly prohibit you from ever owning, possessing, handling, buying or selling a firearm again ever. If this matters to you, please go hire the best DV defense attorney you can find. There is a lot at stake, and proof that your ex was recently served for small claims would help - you'll need a certified copy of the Notice of Small Claim and Proof of Service. If this DVPO is happening shortly after you were divorced, especially when there were no DV allegations raised in the dissolution, you will be able to show the court this is "made-up". But given what is at stake, it is important that you not try do do this yourself. The penalties are essentially criminal but the standard of proof is civil and there are no evidentiary rules. Take this seriously and lawyer up. Elizabeth Powell

Using Avvo does not form an attorney client relationship.


The Judge could do so based on her statement alone. You best bet is to hire an attorney right away.
At your service,


Make sure to show up to the hearing in fourteen days ready to defend the allegations. If you don't show up, it will be granted for sure.


You still have to prove that the information is false.

henry lebensbaum esq 300 Brickstone Sq Ste 201 andover, ma -- (978) 749-3606.
Criminal Law (all courts), Drunk Driving, Drugs, Violence, Sex Offenses, theft, SORB, Divorce Child Custody Alimony Child Support & Modification, Contempts & Paternity Juveniles Domestic Violence & Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury, Guardianship, Conservatorship & Estate Administration & Legal Malpractice. For these & other areas, contact me. Email sent may be copied intercepted or held by computers.

Criminal Law (all misdemeanor & felonies in District and Superior Courts), Drunk Driving and Drug arrests, Sex Offenses, SORB, Crimes involving Violence or Theft, Domestic (Divorce, Child Custody, Alimony and Child Support) and Family Law (Modification, Contempts & Paternity), Juvenile Law, Domestic Violence and Restraining Orders, Business Law, Personal Injury claims, Probate Law (Guardianships, Conservatorships & Estate Administration) and Legal Malpractice. For these and other areas, contact me. NOTE: This preceding message DOES NOT create an attorney-client relationship. It is not a protected or confidential communication. The statements made herein are not to be interpreted as representations or warranties of any kind. No reliance should be placed on the statements made herein. It is recommended that the recipient(s) should undertake their own research to reach their own opinion. The writer does not accept professional responsibility on this matter. TO CREATE an attorney-client relationship REQUIRES a signed retainer/fee agreement along with a retainer fee that must be received by my office.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer