Skip to main content

Ive been in a car accident, the other driver at fault for running red light

Canton, OH |

what do i do now. i have injusry consultants calling me. i didnt see doctor because of no money but have had headache and pain. i owe 1900.00 on my car but its damaged on passenger side. what do i do

+ Read More

Attorney answers 10


You should speak with an experienced Ohio licensed personal injury attorney immediately. An experienced injury attorney will be able to review the facts, your insurance and determine what claims can be pursued. For example, you may have coverage under your own policy to pay for some needed medical treatment. There are many important issues with which an experienced Ohio injury attorney can assist you. I would strongly discourage you from attempting to resolve this matter on your own. Insurance companies are only looking out for their own interests, not yours. Generally, these cases are taken on a contingent fee basis, which means you would not be required to pay any upfront fees to your attorney. Best wishes.


Contact local and qualified personal injury attorney. If injured, get treatment now. Good luck.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff


I do not know how it works in Ohio but if you were in Pennsylvania and you had car insurance, at least the first $5000 in medical expense would be covered. If you have coverage and even if you don't you really need to get treatment. First you need to get better and secord if you intend to file a claim you need some documented injury.
Next, get an attorney from your state immediately. A lawyer from your state will give you a free consultation and you will learn exactly what you need to do.
A lot of lawyers on this site can offer their insights including attorneys from Ohio but ultimately you will need to talk to someone personally. Do it now. This site has a find a lawyer feature--use it.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.


There are many issues that need to be dealt with immediately. First of all if you are hurt get medical treatment as soon as possible. If payment for medical bills is of immediate concern there are several options an experienced injury lawyer can explain to you (blue link below). Time is of the essence and you need to contact a lawyer soon. I'm sure you want to get your car repaired or paid for and you need to get to a doctor. Please don't delay and I hope you feel better. There are simply many things to explain to you in writing on this page. A free phone conference will answer most of your concerns


If you were injured, call a local personal injury lawyer in your city. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool.


Your primary concern should be to get better. If you're injured, make sure you see your doctor and get proper medical treatment for any injuries you sustained. Depending on your financial situation there are options available to you to get the care you need. You should then turn your attention to finding an experienced local personal injury attorney who can help you deal with the insurance companies to make sure that you are appropriately compensated for your injuries. You should not try to deal with any insurance companies on your own, because insurance companies generally do not have your best interest in mind.

The Law Office of Matthew Hirschfelt provides answers for informational purposes only. Actual legal advice can only be given by an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction, thoroughly familiar with the area of the law in which your concern lies. The responses given to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an attorney-client relationship. Attorney Hirschfelt is available for private hire and consultation for a fee.


You should obtain needed medical care and treatment immediately and follow the doctor's advice. Do not give any statement to the adverse party or insurance company nor grant them access to any medical records. Photograph the injuries and the damage done to any property. Contact a personal injury attorney in your area as soon as possible so that you can protect your rights. You may also find it helpful to review the Legal Guides I have published on dealing with many of the issues you are now facing. The Guides can be accessed through my profile page on

Legal Disclaimer:

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below.

Mr. Lundeen is licensed to practice law in Florida and Vermont. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Lundeen strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

This ans. does not create an attorney/client relationship.


You need to get medical assistance for your injuries . Then consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer . The people calling you may be a chiropracter's office.

This is not legal advice. This is just general information.You should always contact a lawyer in your jurisdiction for legal advice. By giving you this information a lawyer client relationship is not created. Although I try to be accurate , you should not rely solely on this information and should get an opinion from a lawyer you speak with personally.


I would not even return the call of any "consultants" who hunt you down like that. Be VERY wary of going down that road. Do you have any kind of auto insurance that includes medical payments coverage? Check your policy to see...

Not intended as legal advice and no attorney client relationship is formed unless there is a signed agreement between attorney and client.


You should speak quickly with a personal injury attorney in the state that you were injured in. They will give you the quick do's and dont's in your area. There are issues that are unique to every state.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer