Ive been denied a US passport 3 times

Riverside, CA |

because i have a delayed birth certificate , I wonder if I need a Lawyer to get my US passport . if I need one can you refer me to one in Riverside CA or Los Angels CA .

Try calling your county lawyer referral service.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

Refer yourself. Use the FInd a Lawyer Feature above. Watch the Find a Lawyer video here on AVVO. In it, they tell you how to find a lawyer. Whether you need one, I have no idea. I do not know that delayed birth certificate is. To understand the actual reason for the denial of the passport one needs to read the rejection letter.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

The delayed birth certificate form (VS-007) that is provided by Vital Registration will become the legal birth certificate that is placed on file.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

Here is what USDOS information suggests about the delayed Birth Certificate. They accept it all the way. They even accept an affidavit of Birth. Early Public Records If you were born in the United States and cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship, submit a combination of early public records as evidence of your U.S. citizenship. Early public records must be submitted with a birth record or Letter of No Record. Early public records should show your name, date of birth, place of birth, and preferably be created within the first five years of your life. Examples of early public records are: Baptismal certificate Hospital birth certificate Census record Early school record Family bible record Doctor's record of post-natal care Early Public Records are not acceptable when presented alone. Delayed Birth Certificate If you were born in the United States and cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship because your U.S. Birth Certificate was not filed within the first year of your birth, you may submit a Delayed U.S. Birth Certificate. A Delayed U.S. Birth Certificate filed more than one year after your birth may be acceptable if: check image It lists the documentation used to create it (preferably early public records) and check image It is signed by the birth attendant or lists an affidavit signed by the parents If your Delayed U.S. Birth Certificate does not include these items, it should be submitted together with Early Public Records. Letter of No Record If you were born in the United States and cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship because you do not have a previous U.S. passport or a certified U.S. birth certificate of any kind, you must present a state-issued Letter of No Record showing: check image Your name check image Your date of birth check image The years for which a birth record was searched check image Acknowledgement that no birth certificate was found on file A Letter of No Record must be submitted together with Early Public Records. Form DS-10: Birth Affidavit If you were born in the United States and cannot present primary evidence of U.S. citizenship, you may submit Form DS-10: Birth Affidavit as evidence of your U.S. citizenship. The birth affidavit: check image Must be notarized check image Must be submitted in person with Form DS-11 check image Must be submitted together with early public records check image Must be completed by an affiant who has personal knowledge of birth in the U.S. check image Must state briefly how the affiant's knowledge was acquired check image Should be completed by an older blood relative

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

So yes you need a lawyer.