Skip to main content

Ive been arested for shoplifting what can i do to so i dont have a criminal record?

Cordele, GA |

1st offence
what can i do to get arrest eraed as well finngerprints and all
perfect student
no prior troubles with the law
need help

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Nothing gets "erased" unless the case is dismissed. Nothing gets dismissed without a good lawyer.


Hire an attorney.

Darrell B. Reynolds,
Attorney and Counselor at Law
2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
Decatur, Ga. 30033


Retain a qualified criminal defense attorney at once. The GA and your county bar associations can provide referrals.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.


Young people make mistakes and there are programs of which you can take advantage. Most do require the assistance of a criminal defense attorney. I would be glad to answer any questions you might have.


No matter how many times you post your question the answer will remain the same: hire a lawyer to help you get this case dismissed. The cost of a lawyer will be nominal compared to the cost of having a conviction on your record.


You, or your attorney if you decide to hire one, may ask the prosecutor if you are eligible for a pre-trial diversion program. Ask that the prosecutor nolle prosequi ("nolle prossed", "NP") if you successfully complete the conditions of the program. This will prevent you from having a conviction, however, you will need to request that the charge be expunged in order for it to not show up on your criminal history. This can be a very daunting process start to finish, which is why others have recommended that you hire an attorney. If you do hire one, make sure that you let them know that your ultimate goal is expungement, not just "no conviction". Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer