Skip to main content

Is Visa Stamping required if i change one employer to another while i'm in H1b...

Minneapolis, MN |

I came to US to work for the employer A and my H1B Petition, H1b Visa and I-94 is valid till 2013-Sep for the Emp A. But recently i moved to a diff employer B. so i got new H1b petition and the new I-94 and it is valid till 2014. If i go back to India now should i need to go for Visa Stamping since in my passport i had the visa stamping done for the employer A only??? Would appreciate your help on this... Thanks!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3

Best Answer

You can use the visa from Employer A to reenter the U.S. as long as the visa is valid. You should take the new H-1B approval notice and the most recent pay stubs with you when you leave the U.S.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.



Wow...that was the quickest answer that i have ever got in any other forums...Appreciate your response!!!! Thanks Gen!


I agree with my colleague.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.


AC21 permits this

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer