Is this welfare fraud?

Racine, WI |

Is it considered welfare fraud if I had a boyfriend live with me for 3 and a half months, and he had a job. We had no children together. I had a daughter from a previous relationship. In wisconsin and I didn't report him as living with me. Someone said it may not have made a difference unless him and I had a child together because him simply living with me would not have affected my benefits.

I received no benefits for him ,

Filed under: Fraud Social security

I think the state could readily charge you with welfare fraud for mis-reporting the number of people and the total household income or expenses. Make no further confessions on this public forum. You can hope it will not be noticed or you can see a local attorney and see if there is something you might want to square up with the state.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

what do you mean by " square up with the state?" Do you mean tell them?

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

IF an attorney recommends that you do so after seeing all of the facts, that could be a recommendation. That would be done in such a way as to forestall any prosecution. It requires a look at all of the information. I have a client now in prison for misstating hours.

i already spoke to a few workers, and some have told me it prob wouldnt have mattered unless we had a child together or were married it is in my case notes now, im not sure what to do I have run my mouth a bit too much

Barry Franklin Poulson

Barry Franklin Poulson

Lawyers give legal advice.

yes it is. stop talking

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.