Skip to main content

Is this right

Virginia Beach, VA |

I got a DUI in Sep 2009 days before I redeployed back to afghanistan. I returned from afghanistan and went to court. I enrolled in VASAP. I lived in NY during this time. Due to the time constraints of redeploying in 10 months i never completed the asap program. I than got another dui in NY, a month prior to me deploying to afghanistan. I recently got stationed here in newport news and have been trying to take care of this. I just completed the 20hrs class and because of my 2nd DUI ASAP says i need treatment.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


Unfortunately, you are under the supervision of ASAP. As a result you have to comply with the requirements.

For More information about Attorney Pfeiffer see: 1. Please remember that if you find an answer particularly helpful, please mark it as helpful or "best answer" so that the attorneys who volunteer their time to answer these questions have feedback.  The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. Wolcott Rivers Gates disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by Wolcott Rivers Gates and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.


What is the status of your NY case?

If you have issues with that case contact me. I am a former Marine and assist veterans whenever I can.

Thank you for your service.


You should also contact a NY attorney for your DWI/DUI. Mr. Simser is an excellent NY DWI/DUI defense attorney and I'm sure would be willing to assist. Good luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.


It is important to understand that treatment is something separate from the VASAP classes. VASAP sometimes insists on treatment for persons with multiple DUI's. This requirement may have nothing to do with your having failed to complete the first course of classes.

You may wish to consult with a local DUI attorney there in the Tidewater area and ask whether anything might be done. But generally, if VASAP wants you to get treatment, the courts are likely to back that up with an order.


You should contact each attorney who represented you in each case and have them review the court orders to make sure that you comply with the court order. It's a possibility that you will be required to complete ASAP twice.


Since this is your 2nd DUI, it is not surprising that VASAP is requiring further treatment. You must comply with their request.