Is this a legal matter to get a lawyer involved.

Trinidad, CO |

I was working for a restaurant and upon my dissmissal there was 700+ dollars missing from the safe. I recieved my last check yesterday and I was charged for the whole amount without solid eveidence that i took all the money. How do I go about getting the monies entitled to me and what should i do about this matter.

It is a legal matter and you may have the authorities after you. Your employer had no right to do this. Contact the Colorado Department of Labor.

God luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Your employer is not permitted under the law to simply deduct the money from your salary - there is no judgement against & no garnishment of wage order.

This is not intended to be legal advise or as legal representation. I am a California personal injury attorney . Be aware that every state has its own statute of limitations; and statutes & case laws that govern the handling of these matters.