Skip to main content

Is there other way for a j1 visa holder who overstayed or out of status to get back in status aside marriage?

Bellingham, WA |

im a j1 visa holder..a trainee in a hotel for 1 yr. after my contract end i didn't go back to my country. i stayed here in america and out of status now. im exact 1 year out of status now... i regret on what i did, i wanna go on the right tract. i cant go back home due to personal reason and money matter. since im out of status im also having hard time to find job. is there other way aside marriage to get back on track? my visa doesn't even have a 2 yr rule. i wanna stay i wanna fulfill my american dream. this is the place that i feel completely freedom. please help me!!!!

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4

Best Answer

Not many solutions for people out of status, an immigration reform should assist many people like you are

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as a legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016 Tel (212)880-1538


Stay put, keep a low profile and wait for immigration "reform."

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.


Pray for immigration reform.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Sit tight and cross your fingers for reform

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630