Skip to main content

Is there legal redress when accusations have been made against you in a letter that is cc: to an attorney?

Prattville, AL |

I am a self employed caregiver and just received written correspondence from the eldest daughter of a former client demanding I not contact her 89 year old mother again. She has cc: the letter to a younger sibling (who is in total disagreement with sister regarding this matter) and an attorney. In the letter the daughter again made false accusations, insinuated I had gone through her mothers personal finances, and attacked my character in various other ways. She has also slandered me to several people stating I had demanded something entirely false. Her mothers health has deteriorated significantly since my termination. If she actually sent a copy to an attorney, can and should I respond to it? And, isn't it elder abuse to deny true friendships? I don't want my job back, for the record.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


What are you after? Your goal?

You don't want the job, so move on.

Defamation is very specific and you need more than this to proceed.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer