Skip to main content

Is there anything I need to file or pay annually to keep my Florida LLC in good standing with the state?

Tampa, FL |

I have a Florida LLC for ownership of some rental homes. Is there anything I need to do in order to keep entity in good standing and legal with the state?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You are required to file an annual report with the Florida Department of State and pay an annual filing fee. You can do this on line at You can also check there to see if your LLC is currently in good standing.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.


You should also check your municipaility and/or county to verify that you have paid your business tax or occupational license, etc.

Until you retain this firm and we have an attorney client relationship, nothing stated above should ever be construed as legal advice on which you may rely in your actions. If you would like to discuss further, please contact me. Jason Holbrook, Esq. Holbrook Law Sarasota Office 1990 Main Street Suite 750 Sarasota, FL 34236 (888) 908-7824 toll free (941) 538-7878 phone (941) 538-7879 fax


Florida has a compliance protocol in which the LLC Manager will typically file the annual statement and pay the annual fee to the Secretary of State on behalf of the company.


Agree with the other answers. However, you're only asking about one aspect of compliance with Florida law. To ensure that you continue to enjoy the benefits for which you've created the entity or entities, you should contact an attorney that specializes in this area. Remember, there are attorneys out there who specialize in cracking a business entity...

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer