Skip to main content

Is there anything I can do to prevent my boyfriend from being deported?

Cobb, GA |

My boyfriend got arrested three days ago. He is charged with two misdemeanors, he is an illegal immigrant and has a hold for ICE. His family members haven't been able to pay the bond yet. I am A U.S Citizen and currently pregnant of him. He has a Court with immigration in a month or two. Can I help him??

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


All depends on whether he entered the US lawfully and the criminal charges against him. You should consult with an immigration attorney for a review of his case.


You need to obtain an immigration attorney with experience in Immigration Court and in the immigration consequences of criminal matters. Is your boyfriend currently in the custody of US immigration officials? Or is he in custody because of his misdemeanor charges?

Really, the best way to figure out how to succeed is to obtain a good immigration lawyer near you. Best of luck.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.


Perhaps. Consult with an immigration attorney immediately. They will be able to tell you what he is being charged with, whether you can help him, what you would need to do.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104