Skip to main content

Is there anything I can do?

Virginia Beach, VA |

Husband (illegal), married u.s. citizen (me) with two kids, went to Juarez visa interview, was sentenced 10 year and denied for waiver due to husband coming to u.s. twice illegally. He came to u.s. when he was 16, he is 30 now, no education, no criminal record .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


Had you spoken to an attorney, you would have been informed of this scenario before leaving the country and subjecting him to inadmissibility. There are ways to come back, but hiring an attorney is absolutely necessary.

The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal advice, one must engage with a live attorney; this answer does not create such attorney-client relationship.


I agree with my colleague. You really need an experienced immigration lawyer. This is a complicated matter.

Simone Coley, Bachand & Bachand; 855-422-2426. 189 State Street, Suite 100, Bridgeport, CT 06604.


He may be subject to the "permanent bar".

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


Meet with an attorney to double-check whether or not a waiver is possible.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.