Skip to main content

Is there anything can be done to help him

Chicago, IL |

a person was charged with AGG CRIM SEX ASSAULT and KIDNAPING, he didn't show up in his trial after he was released on BOND and left the US to another country. the jury found him guilty absentia in Aggravated Criminal Sexual Assault and Kidnapping and he was Sentenced for 25 ys and 7yrs. later he was arrested by the FBI, then he was charged with VIO BAIL BOND/CLASS X OFFENSE and sentenced for 5yrs for that.

he's currently in jail, is there anything can be done in this case to help him, like appeal or open the case again for new trial


+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


You might run this by a criminal defense lawyer, but it doesn't look good.


You can hire an attorney to review his case, but I agree it does look bleak.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia


Hire a very good criminal defense attorney. The facts are not encouraging. Stop discussing this case in public, whether online or with friends or family. The defendant is in very serious trouble.


Looks very serious and requires a very experienced criminal counsel.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one's personal legal issues. Contact an experienced lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602