Skip to main content

Is there any way to make a person who hit my car pay for the damages? He doent have insurance or drivers license

San Diego, CA |

My insurance already determine that it was the other driver fault of the auto accident and that he needs to pay for the damage but he doent want to pay is there any way to make him pay?

+ Read More

Filed under: Government law
Attorney answers 3


Your insurance company should pay you (or pay to have your car fixed) and then go after the other driver in subrogation. Speak to your own insurance agent about this. The other option is to sue the other driver but you may have trouble finding an attorney to take your case on a contingency if there is no injury involved. Good luck.

This response is for information purpose only and does not constitute a legal advice. This response does not create an attorney-client relationship.


There is no way to make someone PAY for civil damages. You can sue them and seek a judgment and then try to collect.

This is not a comprehensive answer. Call us for more information. 619.797.5456


Yes. Sue the at fault driver and obtain a judgment. Then collect on the judgment by garnishing wages or taking the assets of a bank account to satisfy the judgment. An attorney is a must to make sure you follow all the rules!

Good luck.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer