Is there any way to have someones unsupervised probation revoked

Norfolk, VA |

I know someone who has violated their unsupervised probation 3 times in the past year and no one has done any thing about it...all for the same charge too. is there anything i can do to bring this to the courts attention.

Let the probation department know.

There is no probation officer as this is good behavior or unsupervised probation. Who can i call

John Paul Thygerson

John Paul Thygerson

There has to be a probation department that he is required to inform if he changes his address or gets arrested for a new charge. Unsupervised means he doesn't have to physically report to a particular probation officer. Contact the court in which his case resulted in probation and they can probably direct you to the appropriate department.

I would concur that a phone call to his probation department will hopefully trigger some action.

There is no probation officer. It is good behavior or unsupervised probation

I agree with the previous answers, you need to notify the probation officer.

The information contained in this message is for general informational purposes only. It is not intended to be legal advice, nor is it a substitute for professional legal services. Wolcott Rivers Gates disclaims the formation of an attorney-client relationship by use of AVVO, and no such relationship exists unless and until a written Fee Agreement has been endorsed by Wolcott Rivers Gates and the client. Furthermore, given the public nature of this forum, there can be no expectation of privacy, confidentiality, privilege, or any other protection from disclosure.

Look long and hard at your reasons for wanting this person's unsupervised probation revoked. If you are being personally threatened, then by all means call the police. If you just want to get this person in trouble, think about how you would feel if the situation were reversed. Is this person breaking the law, or just violating some technical requirement?

My advice should in no way be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship.